CoLab offers a shared, community-driven workspace for location-independent workers. It exists because our members are looking for a place where they can work in a community of like-minded creatives, thinkers, and people who enjoy the art of collaboration.
Our focus is on creating and sustaining a community of professional teams and individuals working and growing their businesses in tandem. Our portfolio is a complementary mix of event space, coworking space, and community stewardship - centrally located in downtown Vancouver core, and we are actively growing our footprint.
The key initiatives for this position as the Business Director include taking on, and continuing to grow, a profitable coworking space - more specifically:
* Overseeing the community and events.
* Business development and brand expansion.
* Managing and directing the building and facilities.
* Leading the staff of Community Managers.
* Exercising strong financial acumen and business strategy.
* Creating structure, processes, and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for coworking and community; take an ownership approach to expand CoLab and the community, and yearn for the opportunity to grow into an ownership role as a reward for brand expansion. Key-skills and qualities ideal for success in this role include:
* Taking a big-picture approach to business.
* Entrepreneurially-spirited coupled with a strong ability to execute.
* Dynamic and forward-thinking.
* Driven and hungry for success.
* Highly organized.
* Proven ability to manage several projects, soup to nuts, successfully.
* Thrives in an ever-growing and changing, professional environment.
* Enjoys working independently within a team and investing in their growth.
* Stoked about developing and championing structure and procedures from scratch.
* Background in hotel management and/or bachelors in hospitality.
* Current or previous experience in directing, operating, and/or developing a co-working space is a plus!
If CoLab sounds like a place you can grow and thrive, and you’re interested in further developing your business acumen and driving the expansion of CoLab, we want to hear from you!
Please follow the link to apply and include a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter, let us know why you’d be a great fit as the Business Director with the CoLab team.